Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just a few thoughts

What am i going to when i get home? That i don't know. Of course I'll be back to work, but i want and i need a change. Over here I've realised some important things about me. For a long time i can remember i have had this thought that I'm someone who will be self sufficient, i know no matter what i can function on my own. This trip has re-enforced that thought but has made me realize that my life wouldn't be the same without my friends and family who have instilled this confidence, (sometimes it's been misconstrued as arrogance, but i don't think I'm better than anyone else), but i know in myself that yes i can do whatever i want. I think before i have been in my comfort zone and not willing to try anything outside the box. How more outside the box can you get, this morning i asked for my passport because i had a 7:30 train to catch in italian. And she understood. 

I have always thought of myself (prepare for the hangover quote) as a one man wolf pack. Since becoming single earlier in the year i have focussed on getting my confidence back, getting back into shape, trying new things, new foods and being generally a happy person. Work is work, I'm not in a position to change the place for the greater good, i can do my job to the best of my ability everyday, and they pay me to do so. I like my work, i have a great job and i get to work with a few really down to earth good people. This year has been massive, playing sport again and having numerous crushes, some serious, some not so. I have had some major ups and downs, and right now I'm in Europe. At the start of 2010 i would have never thought i'd be where I am right now. I'd hoped eventually to travel, but I'm so happy that it's now, I'm doing it now. At the start of the year i was with someone to whom i loved dearly and i thought we'd be together forever, as you think that when you're with someone. Somethings in life just don't work out the way you'd hoped. I think i bounced back pretty quick, and it helped understanding why it didn't work and the support of some friends who weren't afraid to say the truth. Another of life's lessons learnt. I have a greater understanding of what i want, and what is really important to me. But right now I'm in Italy on my way to Venice, that's pretty important! So much has happened in this crazy year, and there is a month and a half left, what next?  

No comments:

Post a Comment